I have been extensively studying, practicing, teaching, and traveling throughout the world including India, Indonesia, Costa Rica, United States, Europe, and the Caribbean. It is an auspicious and profoundly transformative experience to study with Self-Realized Master, Sri Mooji Baba, immerse myself fully in the practice of Ashtanga Yoga with R. Sharath Jois, and the Teacher’s Teacher, Sri Dharma Mittra. Developing a deep yoga and meditation practice with masters has afforded me the time, space, and connection to evolve spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
I am grounded in a daily Mysore and Dharma yoga practice. I am happy to offer yoga classes, retreats, workshops, and intensives in the United States, India, Europe, and the Caribbean.
My life calling and practice has led me to travel the world and immerse myself fully in yoga and meditation (Vipassana and Advaita) through villages in south India (Mysore, Lakshmipuram, Goa, Tiruvannamalai, and Varkala), mountains of north India (Rishikesh, Dharamsala, Varanasi), Indonesia (Ubud, Bali), Portugal (Odemira), and United States (Boulder and The Blue Ridge Mountains), the crisp blue waters in the Caribbean (Puerto Rico), the busy city streets (New York City and Washington, DC), and the heart of Miami Beach. Some of my most beloved teachers are Faith Scimecca, Tim Feldmann, Rolf Naujokat, Richard Freeman, Mary Taylor, Ty Landrum, and Lila Rasa Brown.
With extensive training as a Psychologist in Social Emotional Development (Ph.D.), Women’s Studies (Graduate Certificate), Reiki, Magnified Healing, and Oneness Awakening, my classes utilize a keen awareness of the intellectual, emotional, and energetic body to empower those who practice consistently, for a long period of time, with devotion. My yoga classes are highly influenced by methods of self-enquiry from Sri Mooji Baba and Advaita Vedanta (non-dualism). In all my classes, I offer universal intimacy, full of love, honor, and a sweet mix of playfulness, integrity, and discipline.
Physically, I share the athleticism, strength, and balance I am gaining from Ashtanga yoga, the gracefulness from Anusara’s life-affirming alignment principles, and the therapeutic and calming benefits of Dharma yoga. A devoted student and mindful teacher of yoga and meditation, my classes provide an environment for both an invigorating practice and an empowering experience.
Additional information on Marie Belle:
- Annual pilgrimage to Mysore, India to deepen my practice with R. Sharath Jois
- Annual pilgrimage to immerse myself fully in Self-enquiry with fully enlightened master, Sri Mooji Baba
- Ph. D. in Developmental and Biological Psychology (focus on emotions and culture) from Virginia Tech University
- Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies (focus on women as active constructors of knowledge) from Virginia Tech University
- Angelic Reiki Levels I and II
- Magnified Healing Levels I and II
- Oneness Awakening Blessing Giver
- M.S. in Psychology (Social Emotional Development) from Virginia Tech University
- Over 1600 hours of extensive yoga teacher trainings
- 500- hour certified in Rocket Yoga and Dharma Yoga
- 200-hour certified in Ashtanga Yoga, Rocket Vinyasa Yoga, Hot Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, and completed 220 hour teacher training in Anusara Yoga
- B.A. in Psychology and a B.A. in Communication from NCSU